Inside a team the most important concept are Projects. Projects are a collection of API modules, documentation and other artifacts you want to keep together.
What is a Project
A project in ApiGear is used to group API Modules inside your team. A project typically contains a set of API modules to describe the different aspects of your API. A project can be public or private. If a project is private it is only visible and editable by team members. If a project is public it is visible by everyone but can only be edited by your team members. Additional to API Modules a project can contain markdown documents and other artifacts to enhance the documentation experience.
Create a new project
- Open ApiGear and login.
- Select the team you want to add the project to
- Inside the team space click Create Project and fill in the project form.
- A project name should be short and precise to cover the project intention.
- Decide careful if the project shall be public or private.
- The project url will be
- You will be automatically directed to the new project.
- Now you can start creating API modules, markdown documents and other artifacts to the project.
- You can change the name, project visibility and other options in the project settings.
Next add an API Module to your newly create project.